Following list describes the main features of Universal SQL Editor:
- Support Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase and other ODBC compliant databases
Easy Database Object Manipulation
- Support scripting database objects (Support Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and Sybase only)
- Support long script execution. If execution was from the beginning to the end and error has occurred, statement causes the error will be highlighted
- Objects in database explorer will be updated automatically after execution of DDL statements
Powerful SQL Editor
- Recognize complex SQL syntax such as, derived table, common table expression (CTE), nested query, etc.
- Support Intellisense-like code completion, parameter hinting and tooltip information
- Support highlight references of table, column, cursor, variable, etc.
- Support SQL formatting; include letter case conversion, for example, "TITLECASE" -> "TitleCase", "CAMELCASE" -> "camelCase", etc.
- Support line revision marks, column selection, column mode edit, code folding, split view, full screen edit, drag-and-drop edit, wildcard search and replace, multiple levels of undo and redo, Unicode and Windows / UNIX / MAC formatted text files
Convenient Query Tool
- Support grouping, filtering, searching, editing and sorting
- Table and record views to see data the way you like it
- Execution history to see statements you executed
- Show related rows base on result column value
- Query results can be exported to Excel spreadsheet or as a set of SQL statements
- Support stack layout result pane like SQL Server query analyzer
Other Useful Features
- Convenient to view dependencies among database objects (Support Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and Sybase only)
- Fast and low memory consumption
- Additional features can be implemented as plug-in DLLs